- 3 cups all-purpose or bread flour, more for dusting
- 1 teaspoon instant yeast*
- 1 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/2 cups warm water (about 110 degrees or 45 seconds in the microwave.)
- In a large bowl combine warm water and yeast. Wait for yeast to bloom. Add 1 cup at a time. Add salt. Dough will be shaggy, sticky, and quite loose. Cover bowl with plastic wrap. Let dough rest 12ish hours, preferably about 18, at room temperature.
- Line bread pan or sheet with parchment paper and a bit of flour. Pour dough into the pan.
- While dough is resting, preheat oven to 450 degrees. Put a cake pan half full of water in the over on the bottom rack while the oven preheats.
- Bake 10 minutes, then remove water bath and bake another 30-35 minutes, until loaf is golden and browned.