- 1 and 3/4 cups (220g) All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup (200g) Sugar1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 cup (240ml) Soy Milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- 2 tsp (10ml) Vanilla Extract
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Half apple sauce, half Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Tbsp (15ml) White Vinegar
Strawberry Vanilla Frosting
- 1/2 cup (112g) Vegan Butter
- 3 cups (375g) Powdered (confectioners) Sugar
- 2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 tsp Strawberry Flavoring
- Fresh Sliced Strawberries (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees and line a cupcake tray with 12 cupcake liners.
- Sift the flour into a bowl and add the sugar, baking soda and salt.
- Then add the soy milk, vanilla extract, oil and white vinegar. Mix in thoroughly, using a hand whisk to get rid of any lumps.
- Put in cupcake holes
- Place into the oven and bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Check the cupcakes at 20 minutes and if a toothpick inserted into the center doesn’t come out clean, then put them back in for another 5 minutes.
- Move to a cooling rack and allow to cool thoroughly before frosting.
- Prepare the frosting by adding the vegan butter, powdered sugar, vanilla extract and strawberry flavoring to an electric mixer bowl.
- Begin mixing on low speed, gradually increasing speed until you have perfectly smooth frosting.
Source: Vegan Vanilla Cupcakes with Strawberry Vanilla Frosting – Loving It Vegan