In the Center
I’m an enthusiastic learner with a figure-it-out attitude. I’m a total dork, a self-proclaimed nerd, a bit sarcastic and a bleeding-heart empath.
During the day, I’m a creative manager with Texas A&M AgriLife leading a team of creatives. We take our work seriously (analytics, taxonomies, storyboards, strategy, networks and servers, oh my!), but we’re careful to never take ourselves too seriously.
On the Side
From 2017-2020 I was co-owner of Terra Firma racing – a company that put on mountain bike races and XTerra triathlons and trail runs.
I’ve been a Texas Interscholastic Mt. Bike League coach since 2011 and recently stepped up to serve as the race director for the league. We host over 800 registered student athletes and bring together over 1,500 people for each of our 6 race weekends.
“We build strong minds, bodies, character, and communities through cycling.”National Interscholastic Cycling Association’s Mission
There isn’t much that makes me happier than being out there, getting more kids on bikes.
2008 BFA in Graphic Design – Iowa State University
2010 MA in Environmental Graphic Design – Iowa State University
2011 MFA in Graphic Design – Iowa State University
- The Strategic Designer: Tools and Techniques for Managing the Design Process – David Holston
- The Vision Driven Leader – Michael Hyatt
- The Art of Gathering: How We Meet and Why It Matters – Priya Parker
- The White Man’s Burden: Why the West’s Efforts to Aid the Rest Have Done So Much Ill and So Little Good – William Easterly
- Dare to Lead Podcast – Brené Brown
- Langford’s Leap – Ted Boone
- Laughter Permitted Podcast – Julie Foudy
- Talking to Strangers: What We Should Know About the People We Don’t Know – Malcom Gladwel