- 1 small roasted beet
- 1 15-oz. can cooked chickpeas (mostly drained // 1 can yields ~1 3/4 cup)
- 1 large lemon (zested)
- 1/2 large lemon (juiced)
- 1 healthy pinch salt and black pepper
- 2 large cloves garlic (minced)
- 2 heaping Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- See roasting instructions here.
- Once your beet is cooled and peeled, quarter it and place it in your food processor. Blend until only small bits remain.
- Add remaining ingredients except for olive oil and blend until smooth.
- Drizzle in olive oil as the hummus is mixing.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more salt, lemon juice, or olive oil if needed. If it’s too thick, add a bit of water.
- Will keep in the fridge for up to a week.